#Company provides an Home Secured Wi-Fi (optional) that is fully compliant with recent Government (DOT)
directives on home wireless security.
1. What is Broadband?Broadband is defined as an always-on-internet connection that can provide a download speed of ≥ 256 kbps.
2. What are the advantages of Broadband?Broadband allows you to complete your task of downloading or uploading large-sized files or multimedia content web pages much faster than a dial-up internet connection, thereby saving your valuable time, and giving you a superior internet experience.
3. About Tikona Digital Networks Ltd. (TDN)Tikona Digital Networks (TDN) is an all India Internet Service Provider (ISP) specializing in wireless broadband service. The service is powered with 4th Generation OFDM & MIMO technologies.
4. What are the advantages of Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service over other wired internet connections?Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service comes with many advantages; some of the key benefits are listed below:
- Bill Limit Guarantee
- Up to 4/10* Mbps download speed
- On-Call Tech Support
- Greater Security: Greater Security through WPA2
1. Where is Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service available OR how can I find out Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service available in my area?Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service is available in various metros and non-metros across India. To know more, visit http://tikona.in/for-homes-service-availability
2. What is the delivery time for Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?If your building is ready for service with Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband, post receiving service demo from authorised Company Installation representative the service can be delivered within 3 days from the date of realisation of subscription amount. In case of cheque payment, service activation shall take 6-10 working days from the date of cheque submission.
If your building is not ready for service with Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband, then we shall work with your building authorities to enable your building/premise with our service at the earliest. Click here to fill the form.
3. What setup do I need at my residence or office in order to subscribe to Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?
PC/Laptop/Smart Devices should support the following
- Intel P-IV 2 GHz or higher processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Minimum 2 GB free Hard disk space at the time of installation.
- Operating System: Win 2k Win XP, Win Vista Win 7
- Ethernet LAN Card/ Port (10/100Base T) with TCP/IP support
- Browser Options: IE 6.0 & above, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 & above, Opera, Google Chrome
- Wi-Fi enabled devices (Smartphone's, tablets, touchpad's): If you have opted for @ll Home Solution your devices should support 802.1X, WPA2 Enterprise security features.
4. Can I access Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service while travelling or outside my home?Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband is an indoor service and cannot be used while travelling. However, if your society/building has enrolled for Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband campus programme then you may receive coverage in common areas of your society such as lawns, club houses and swimming pools.
5. Do I need to make any payment at the time of booking the order?No payment to be made to authorised Tikona Sales representative at the time of booking the order.
6. When and how should I pay the subscription amount?You are required to pay "Subscription Amount" as mentioned in the plan details on installation post service demo at your installation location to the authorised Tikona installation representative only.
Subscription amount payment can be made in 3 convenient ways
- Online payment: Net-banking or Credit/Debit Card
- Cash Payment: Against valid e-voucher or physical voucher
- Cheque/Demand Draft
The subscription amount payment should be made along with the duly filled Subscriber Registration Form (SRF)
7. What is the process of Service Delivery?Service delivery of Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband is as follows
- Authorised Tikona Sales representative will explain and finalise tariff plan based on your need, and post which register the order (NO PAYMENT to made at this stage)
- Post placing the order you will receive a call from Tikona Care for verifying personal details: name, address, mobile number, email ID and tariff plan.
- The authorised Tikona representative will visit subscriber's premises by appointment to carry out service demo. You are required to pay "Subscription Amount" as mentioned in the plan details on installation post service demo at installation location to the authorised Tikona installation representative only.
- Service installation will be done within three working days from the date of realisation of subscription amount. In case of cheque payment, service installation shall take 6-10 working days from cheque submission date.
- Post successful installation, Tikona representative will provide the Subscriber Registration Form (SRF), which needs to be filled with complete and correct information. The following documents need to be submitted along with the SRF.
- - Valid Proof of Identity (self-attested A4 size photocopy)
- - Valid Proof of Address (self-attested A4 size photocopy)
- - One Passport size color photograph
You will receive username on your registered e-mail ID. After completion of installation, Tikona representative will assist you in generating your Tikona broadband password through Tikona service login page.
8. What should I do when I face issue with my password?
You can change your password online on the Tikona Self Care portal (https://selfcare.tikona.in) or contact Tikona Care on 1800 20 94276, the executive will assist you to set up your new password.
9. Are there any additional cost, that I am expected to pay besides installation charges?A CAT 5 cable shall be provided at no extra cost, however, cable-laying through casing and capping will be charged at 15 per foot. The same is payable directly to the authorised Tikona Installation executive.
Product & Tariff
1. What speed is offered by Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband for its service?
We offer speeds starting from 300 Kbps up to 4/10* Mbps under various plan. Click here to know more about various plans on offer.
2. How do I decide which plan from Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service is ideally suited for me?To help you decide suitable plans based on your usage patterns please visit http://tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-broadband-plan-selector.
3. What are the different types of plans offered by Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband?
Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service offers array of plans under various category such as
- Heavy Usage Plans: No GB restrictions, No speed downgrade (Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly or Annual)
- Medium Usage Plans: 5 GB to 20 GB/month, Guaranteed bill limit
- Light Usage Plans: Upto 10 GB/month, Bill Free Plans prepaid plans with validity up to 30 months
4. What are the Value Added Services offered by Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband?Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband offers the following Value Added Services (VAS), find below details and cost
|Details||VAS code||Charges () (Excluding Service Tax)|
|Home Secured Wi-Fi to connect multiple PC/Desktops wirelessly||ALLHOLT||1500 + taxes|
|Anti - Virus with Parental Control Software Utility to control internet usage & block/allow specific websites||ANPREAV||650 per annum + taxes|
|Static IP||RETSIP||1500 per annum + taxes|
Note: All VAS products are optional and chargeable, if subscribed, is payable in advanced at the time of subscription
5. How much area does Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Home Secured Wi-Fi covers?Home Secured Wi-Fi service includes one hotspot instance inside your home. This can cover an area of approximately 1000 sq.ft. For larger homes, additional hot-spots are available on request.
6. What are the benefits of Bill Free plans?Bill free plans have long validity and high usage with various speed options. The bundled usage can be utilised as per your convenience. After consumption of bundled usage, you can recharge the account.
7. How do I recharge my Bill Free account?
Your Bill Free account can be recharged by using any of the following vouchers
- 1999: Usage 33 GB, Validity 365 days
- 999: Usage 12.5 GB, Validity 180 days
- 499: Usage 5.5 GB, Validity 90 days
Voucher rates revised w.e.f from March 21, 2013
Click here to find outlets nearest to your location which offers you recharge facility.
Top up your plan with any amount > 10. Top up usage is chargeable at 10p/MB
8. What are the features and benefits of Parental Control Software Utility?
Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service offers anti-virus with Parental Control Software Utility. The utility has an automated tool that enables parent to define and control internet usage of their children. The utility offers the following
- Manage Profiles: You can create profile for Parents, Teenager and Small Child
- Type of content: This will block sites with content inappropriate for your child
- Time of access: This will allow access to internet only during the stipulated time
1.When will I have to pay the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill?The Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service bill will have to be paid in advance for all the plans as per the billing period. The subscriber will have to pay by due date mentioned on the bill to avoid late payment charges.
2. Where and how can I pay my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill?You can pay your Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill through multiple easy and hassle free ways
- Online payment: You can pay Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bills online by visiting Bill Payment section on our website (http://tikona.in/online-payment) OR follow the path http://selfcare.tikona.in ->Billing and Payments -> Make payment -> Payments. Online payments can be done through Credit/Debit card (VISA/MasterCard), Vouchers or Netbanking.
List of banks available for net banking
Allahabad Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Corporation Bank, City Union Bank, DCB Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank Retail, ICICI Bank, IDBI bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Karnataka Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of India, State Bank of Mysore, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, Union Bank of India, Vijaya Bank and Yes Bank
- Cash Payments: Cash payments can be made by Cash vouchers or through Flexi Recharge facility which are available with various bill payment / recharge outlet dealers. Subscriber can also avail for Home Pick-up facility at a nominal charge of 20/- per instance.
To view nearest voucher dealer outlet, Click here
To make payments/recharge through cash vouchers, follow the path https://selfcare.tikona.in -> Billing and Payments -> Make Payment -> Payments -> Voucher Topup. Alternatively, to pay your bill through your mobile with the help of cash vouchers, SMS VRCH
<10 Digit Username><space><Voucher Serial Number><space><Voucher PIN> to 5676708 or 09870900445 Example: VRCH 1100110011 1234567890 98767676761234
- Payment by Cheque/Demand Draft: Cheque/Demand Draft can be dropped (cheque drop locations, Click here) at any of the 5000 drop boxes facility available with our partners such as ICICI Bank ATMs, select Axis Bank ATMs and Bill Box(facility is only available in Mumbai). Alternatively, Cheque/Demand Draft can be sent by courier addressed to Collections Department, Tikona Digital Networks Pvt. Ltd. 3A, 3rd Floor, 'Corpora', LBS Marg, Bhandup (West), Mumbai - 400078 or collected by our authorised Tikona representative on request at a nominal charge of 20/- per instance.
Cheque/Demand Draft should be crossed and A/C payee in favour of 'Tikona Digital Networks Pvt. Ltd. xxx xxx xxx'. 'xxx' denotes Billing Account Number (BAN) which is present in Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill. In case a subscriber has paid the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill without mentioning BAN, the amount will not get credited to the respective subscriber account.
Please note: Outstation and post dated cheques are not accepted.
3. I have recharged with a voucher. But I am getting an error message. What should I do?Please call Tikona Care 1800 209 4276 and provide an exact error message to Tikona Care Executive.
4. Can I view my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill online?You can view Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bills for the last six months on Tikona Self Care portal. Visit www.tikona.in >> Click on My Account >> Enter username and password >> Click on Bill details
5. Can I view my usage online?You can view usage summary online on the Tikona Self Care portal (https://selfcare.tikona.in >> My Tools >> Session History).
6. What happens if I do not pay the Tikona Broadband Service bill by due date?Please pay on or before the "Due Date" to avoid late payment charges and/or temporary suspension of your service. If payments are made after the due date, late payment charges will be levied @ 2% per month or 100 whichever is higher.
7. How does the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill reach me?
Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill delivery is done as per the option selected in the Subscriber Registration Form (SRF) at the time of subscription
- E-copy: Only e-bill shall be sent to the registered E-mail ID.
- Physical copy: The physical bill shall be sent to the registered billing address. Additionally, e-bill shall be sent to the registered E-mail ID.
You can also view your Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill on Tikona Self care portal (https://selfcare.tikona.in >> Billing and Payments >> Invoice Summary).
8. I have registered for e-copy of the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband bill. If I require physical copy, than how can I get it?You can download and print your Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill from Tikona Self care portal (https://selfcare.tikona.in >> Billing and Payments >> Invoice Summary)
Alternatively, please contact Tikona Care on 1800 20 94276 to get physical copy for subsequent Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill/s.
9. I need to understand the various charges on my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill?You can see the bill elements explanation mentioned behind the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill.
Alternatively, contact Tikona Care on 1800 20 94276 to understand the various charges as levied on the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill.
10. I need a duplicate Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill/I have not received my bill. How do I get it?In case you do not receive or require duplicate copy of Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill, you can download and print the same from Tikona Self Care portal (https://selfcare.tikona.in >> Billing and Payments >> Invoice Summary).
In case you are unable to download the soft copy of your service bill, please contact Tikona Care on 1800 20 94276 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on your request, a duplicate e-bill will be forwarded to your email address as provided in the SRF (As a policy, we do not provide a physical copy of the duplicate service bill).
11. When do I pay the Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service bill if I am on a long term (quarterly, half yearly or annual) plan?
All our long term plans are on advance rental basis. You need to pay the plan charges along with service tax in advance. You need to make payments before due date to avoid temporary suspension.
12. Can I check my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service Bill on mobile phone?Yes, you can check your Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband Service Bill on your mobile phone by sending an SMS BILLINFO <10digit username> (Example: BILLINFO 1100223344) to 5676708 from your registered mobile number. Applicable charges will be levied by your mobile service provider.
13. Do I get refund when I surrender/deactivate my Home Secured Wi-Fi service?You are entitled to receive a refund of 500/- when you surrender/deactivate your Home Secured Wi-Fi service in the 1st year of its activation. The refund is not applicable thereafter.
14. Will I get refund of my plan charges if I apply for discontinuation of service?
If the subscriber of any plan surrenders the connection, then
- The request for refund will be considered in case of Tikona's inability to restore the connectivity due to reasons such as site out of service, due to permission issues or other situations with similar effect. No refund is applicable in any other cases.
- If refund is applicable then,
- - 500 for bill free plans and 750 for other plans will be adjusted/deducted towards installation
- - Plan charges corresponding to the number of days/months of use/ data transfer shall be payable/deducted from the upfront amount received to determine refund, if any. Full month shall be counted in case the usage is for part of the month.
- Subscriber needs to surrender TDN CPE in working condition. In case of non-receipt of CPE/ CPE in non working condition the penalty will be applicable as mentioned above.
- Service tax shall be accounted for against the charges stated above.
- Refund, if applicable will be processed within 30 working days from the date of cancellation
1. When can I start using my internet service?You can start using the service after our installation engineer visits your home/office to complete the installation procedure & demonstrates how to use the service.
2. What are the devices I can use to access Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?You can access Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service from PC/Laptop/Smart Devices like tablets and smart phones. Click here for the Minimum System Requirement details for the devices.
3. How do I access my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?
- For Windows Users
Launch Dialer > Select Profile > (Ethernet, All Home) > Enter Username & Password > Launch Browser
- For MAC Users
Launch Browser > Enter Username & Password
4. What is Home Secured Wi-Fi Service? Does Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband provide the Wireless Wi-Fi modem/router?Home Secured Wi-Fi Service comes under the Value Added Services as provided by the Company. It is a chargeable service paid at the time of subscription.
Home Secured Wi-Fi Service
- Is built using latest MIMO technology that improves network coverage up to two times over conventional home Wi-Fi. The service includes one hotspot instance inside your home at Rs. 1500 + taxes. This can support an area of approximately 1000 sq. ft. For larger homes, additional hot-spots are available at Rs.1500 per instance + taxes. Also, simultaneous log-ins are allowed only from a single location.
- Is enabled with highest level WPA2 Enterprise security with AEC encryption technology. This ensures a secure connection besides being the only DoT compliant Wi-Fi solution offered by any Broadband ISP in the country.
5. I have Home Secured Wi-Fi Service, how many PC/Laptops/Smart Devices can be used in this solution?The Maximum PCs/Laptops/Smart Devices which can be connected under a specific plan is available in tariff plan tables. Visit Product & Services section for plan details.
6. I have opted for Home Secured Wi-Fi Value Added Services (VAS). Can I access Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service from different locations through multiple PCs/Laptops/Smart Devices simultaneously?Home Secured Wi-Fi Service provides facility connects multiple PCs/Laptops/Smart Devices simultaneously from a single location where the modem is installed.
7. Will my Tikona Broadband Service bill be very high, if I am connected for a long time?You will be charged only on the basis of upload/download of data and not for the time for which you are connected to the internet. However, we recommend you to log out when you do not want to use internet as activities such as streaming, flash, auto updates, virus on your PC etc. can result in unintended data usage.
8. Do you provide any online portal to manage my account?Yes, you can manage your account online through Tikona Self Care portal. The portal is accessible post you log into the service. Alternatively, the portal can be accessed through our website (Visit www.tikona.in >> Click on My Account >> Enter Username and Password)
9. What are the things I can do from my Online Self Care portal?
Tikona Secured Wireless Online Self Care portal provides facilities, such as:
- Subscriber Profile
— Personal Information: Provides the user subscription details such as username, address etc
— Service Information: Enables you to view plan details along with any Value Added Service subscribed
— Change Password: Enables you to change password
- My Tools
— Session History: Check your session history anytime
— MAC Addresses: Gives the MAC IDs registered against your user account
- Billing and Payments
— Invoice Summary: Shows historical invoice summary. You can also see the last six bills details
— Payment List: Shows historical payment details
— Make Payment: Option to make an online payment though Credit Card/Net banking or cash vouchers
- Ask for Help
— Email: Write your feedback/concern to Tikona Care
— Product information: Download dialer, latest product tariffs, FAQs and T&Cs
- Service Request
— View request: Track the status of request/complaints registered with Tikona Care
10. How do I know what is the actual speed of my Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?You can check the speed of your Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service by logging through the speed test icon provided on the dialer or Go to http://www.speedtest.tikona.in. Both facilities are available for windows user only. MAC users can test speed by using the speedtest link.
Note: The speed displayed is up to Tikona ISP node.
11. Can I shift my connection from one location to another location within or across the city?
Service can be provided if our network is available in your new location. Shifting charges will be applicable as per Company policy. You will need to provide your new address proof for billing purpose.
12. How can I change my billing address?
In the event of address change or address provided with us is incorrect, you can update your address by contacting Tikona Care at 1800 20 94276 and submitting a proof of new address.
13. Can I change my tariff plan?You can change your tariff plan as per the migration rules set by the Company. For changing the plan please contact Tikona Care on 1800-20-94276 or write an email to email@example.com
14. Will I get a signal everywhere in my home for wireless connectivity?
Yes, you can receive our signal throughout your home by subscribing to our Home Secured Wi-Fi Service.
- One hot spot instance that can support an area of approximately 1000 sq.ft. Please note for large homes, additional hotspots are available at 1500 per instance
- Connects multiple PC/Desktops wirelessly
- Simultaneous log-ins only for single location
15. What are the change request I can make through mobile?Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband has introduced a mobile based short-code SMS functionality through which you can change mobile number, e-mail id and check and pay bill. You need to send a SMS to 5676708 from your registered mobile number in the format mentioned below.
1. Which CPEs/modem do I need to access Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?The Company provides Modem/CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) to the subscriber depending upon the nature of installation and service subscribed.
2. Do I own the CPE provided to me?Incase of CPE not recovered by the company or returned in non working/damaged condition Rs (use rupees symbol) 1500 per CPE will be payable.
3. Will Tikona do an initial configuration of the service on my PC/Laptop?Yes, authorised Tikona installation representative will do the initial configuration of our service as a part of the installation process.
The Company recommends you to use CPE provided by us, as it complies with the security standards set by Department of Telecom (DOT).
1. Is Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service secure?
Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband is a secured service as compared to other self installed Wi-Fi services for the following:
- It complies with recent Department of Telecom (DOT) directives on home wireless security (no. 820-1/2008 DS Pt II dated 23-02-2009) and is enabled with highest level WPA2 Enterprise security with AEC encryption technology (128 bit key versus 40 bit key used in earlier standards) for data transmission and 802.1x authentication. This ensures a secure connection besides being the ONLY DoT compliant Wi-Fi solution offered by any broadband ISP in the country
- Password is to be set by the you through Tikona Self Care Portal
- Access is given to devices whose MAC IDs are registered by you
2. What are the best practices to be adopted by a user while accessing Tikona Secured Wireless Broadband service?
- User to ensure that the laptop wireless button is switched ON, incase connecting through Home Secured Wi-Fi Solution
- Remove proxy settings
- Change password regularly
- Do not share your login password with anyone including authorised Tikona representative
- Logout when you are not expected to use the service for an extended duration
If you suspect misuse on your User ID please change your password immediately, and inform Tikona Care.